Written by Andrew Puhanic
There has been considerable debate throughout the United States whether the government should enforce more stringent gun control policies on ordinary citizens.
Due to the recent mass shooting in the Aurora movie theatre, the globalists and opponents of gun ownership and the second amendment in the United States have capitalized on the emotion of a grieving nation to push their false agenda.
People deceptively blame guns as the root cause of mass shootings such as the one in the Aurora movie theatre and Port Arthur Australia to push their brainwashed ideological agenda that guns kill people.
The cause of these devastating mass shootings is not how easily accessible guns are, but rather that they are the direct result of a lack of adequate mental healthcare and the glorification of violence.
Of the most recent mass shooting, the fundamental root cause can be attributed to mental illness and not the accessibility of fire arms. In a report commissioned by the United Nations in 2002, it was revealed that on average only 4.1% of total health budgets worldwide was spent on Mental Health.
In 2011, the world health organisation publicized that average global spending on mental health was less than US$3 per person per year. In low income countries, expenditure can be as little as US$0.25 per person per year, according to the World Health Organisations Mental Health Atlas 2011.
In the United States alone between 2009 and 2011, most states cut $1.8 billion from their budgets for mental health services, according to a report released by the National Alliance on Mental Illness. The report also revealed that two-thirds of states significantly reduced spending for services on children and adults living with mental illness.
Even more shocking is that 5.6 million to 8 million Americans age 65 and older have a mental health condition or substance abuse disorder.
With such low levels of funding for institutions, services and programs that treat mental illnesses, how can we expect to live in a safe world when people who need treatment are systematically ignored?
Therefore, arguments for more stringent gun control are deceptive because the root cause of all problems associated with guns is not being addressed.
Considering that the lack of funding and poor treatment of mental illness is the major contributing factor for most mass shootings, the glorification of guns in video games and the media must also be considered to be a contributing factor.
Think about it? People are meant to poses guns to protect themselves (or for sport), yet children as young as 5 years old are being exposed to guns in a manner by which makes them fun and entertaining.
95% of children and young adults who play video games that are heavily violent understand that guns are dangerous and must be handled with care, however it’s the other 5% that don’t understand this simple message.
Parents who don’t teach their children how to respect guns and allow them to be desensitized by the violence and gore of video games should be made to realise the error of their ways.
Guns don’t kill people; people who are mentally unwell kill people.
The government and globalists would have you believe that more stringent gun control policies would reduce mass shooting episodes and make the world a safer place.
The truth is that more investment in mental health programs would reduce mass shooting episodes and provide the essential services people suffering from mental illness so desperately need.
Unfortunately, governments don’t want to invest the necessary resources into treating mental illness.Governments believe that investing in mental health won’t get them elected and instead would rather convince you that the only reason mass shooting occur is solely because of guns and nothing else..