By: Amanda Froelich,
Looking for an alternative dessert that is not only brilliant for your waist line, will draw a crowd at a potluck, or will satiate your fussy teenager’s taste buds? Create these simple and delicious raw and vegan Lemon Bars!
Regardless of your dietary preferences, raw desserts are a simple, no-cook way to create live food dishes that are bursting full of vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, and heart-healthy fats. This recipe, for example, is rich in bio-flavanoids, Vitamin C and E, mono-saturated fats (which are great for supporting your arterial health and have even been shown to help you lose weight), and more!
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 8 x 8 Pan, about 9 servings
- ¾ Cup Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut
- 5 Soft Dates
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2-3 tsp Lemon Zest
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- (Optional): 3-5 drops of Stevia or 1-2 Dates (soaked for 20 minutes in water)
- (Optional): Pinch of Turmeric, to enhance yellow color
- In a food processor, process walnuts until medium-finely ground. Add remaining crust ingredients and pulse until a somewhat sticky texture is obtained.
- Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of extra unsweetened coconut on the bottom of your pan to prevent sticking. Sprinkle your crust evenly and, using your hands, firmly press into the bottom of your pan.
- In a high-speed blender, process all filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour over your crust and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Once hardened, cut into 9 slices and serve with a lime wedge on top. An optional sprinkling of Cardamom is another nice addition.
Compared to a standard American (or European) treat which is full of refined sugars, chemicals, additives, and high-heated, chemically denatured foods, a treat like this is easy to make and will not only support your glowing health, but can set an exceptionally good example for those around you and your family. Enjoy!
Do you like our independent & investigative news? Then please check these two settings on Facebook to guarantee you don't miss our posts: