It Can’t Happen Here! (Documentary)

This video is for all those who imagine that there is some sort of magic that renders the United States immune to the tyranny that has plagued every other major empire in history.

For those who wonder, this version is slightly improved (a couple typos fixed, and more time given to read quotes) compared to the version submitted to Alex Jones’ “Operation Paul Revere” video contest. (And for those who wonder, this video didn’t place in the top three in that contest.)

10 Responses to It Can’t Happen Here! (Documentary)

  1. you know that Russia, china etc were not true socialist countries don’t you? and the only way to truly stop tyranny is for the workers to take control of all the means of production, distribution and exchange under democratic workers control, that means no great “leader”. it does annoy me when you quite rightly point out the mistakes of Stalin etc but then fail to clarify that this is not true scientific socialism as Marx and Engels have shown us. Also you know that your own country is the most imperialist and soon if not already most murderous country there has ever been. Under Capitalism America is committing crimes against not only its own population but people in nearly every country in the world right this very second. Join the socialists. There is an alternative future. you can be free.

    • also just to add. you make a mistake about your “government” being some big monster. It is not your government but the ruling elite (capitalist) that rule your country. you see the government is not taking everything into ownership, which would be good if it was democratically run by the workers and the services users. what they do is take it up and give it to private investors which then proceed to maximise profit from said industry, transport system, school or whatever. they do this by reducing working conditions and pay of employees, firing employees and making the service run on the bear minimum while raising prices (increasing surplus-value). Your Enemy is not your government but its corporate masters. You must form fighting trade unions, alternative political candidates and get together in your communities. Read the ragged trousered philanthropists by Robert Tressel. also i will leave with a joke. Why don’t socialists drink earl grey tea? Because proper-tea is theft. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha advance the banners comrades:)

  2. Boy, that is an old argument, “Soviet Russia and Chine (and East Germany and Romania and etc) wasn’t pure socialism; if only we had pure socialism…”. THe problem Frank, is that pure workers paradise would still be run by PEOPLE; humans who are subject to the natural human desires to get their own way at the expense of anyone else. Frank, when you can come up with the perfect, flawless, sinless humans, your workers paradise could work. Let me know when you find them.

    • with proper technology and a technological inclined culture, your notion of “pure workers paradise” translates to 2% of people doing the job to sustain and create abundance for the rest of 98%. Also, there are no NATURAL human desires. There is just the desire to have access to things. Satisfying the desire to have access to something is not that hard as trying to satisfy an imaginary NATURAL human desire of wealth, money, and everything else. It’s like trying to sell books near a public library!

  3. Which anarchist wrote this crap? Arming the citizens, indeed! I, a Canadian, have no desire to
    visit your country again. It just would not be wise .
    True there are many decent Americans but they have no desire to take up arms.
    Shoot first and ask questions later? Preemptive .strikes ala George Bush?
    You must love Charlton Heston and those gun lobby idiots.
    Then there is organized crime but they don’t need arms, they will profit from the sales
    Your second amendment was relevant at the time, it no longer is

    • I’m afraid you totally missed the point of this video. We have been conditioned to be scared of guns and think the only people who should have guns are law enforcement and military. I used to argue your point but now I have seen reality. The truth is the government can’t be trusted and they continually prove it to us over and over again. But how soon we forget, how soon they downplay it on the news and distract you with the latest celebrity crap. So if the government can’t be trusted don’t you think people deserve some line of defense? No one says you need a gun, but you should not take away the liberty of others to protect themselves, not only from criminals but tyranny as well. Start thinking for yourself, turn off the huge news conglomerates, find an independent source online that doesn’t cater to your opinions but that is as close to agenda free as possible.

Leave a Reply