Golden Milk is a wonderful beverage to have in the evening and the benefits are extraordinary.
The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, the polyphenol identified as its primary active component and which exhibits over 150 potentially therapeutic activities, which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic,analgesic,.
- Boosts immunity.
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels.
- Promotes digestive health.
- Liver detoxifier.
- Regulates metabolism and weight management.
- High blood pressure.
- Memory and brain function.
- Various skin conditions.
- Neurological disorders.
- Lowers Triglycerides
Adding black pepper to turmeric or turmeric-spiced food enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine. Yup by mixing turmeric and black pepper together, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by 2000%!
Step 1: Turmeric Paste:
Mix all ingredients in a small a small sauce pan and mix well. Turn the heat to medium high and stir constantly until the mixture is a thick paste. This does not take long so don’t walk away from the pan.
Let this mixture cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge.
Step 2: Golden Milk
- 1 cup of almond milk (hemp or coconut are also good options)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more of turmeric paste
This is a great video on golden milk variations: