The idea that it is a “hippy” thing to outwardly care for our earth is far outdated.
By: Rob Greenfield, True Activist.
We live in a time when people from all walks of life are waking up to the destruction that our simple every day actions are causing. No matter who you are or where you are you can adapt little changes to start treating our planet, people, and animals with respect.
You’re probably not going to jump from your ship of life and dive right into pure living but you can adapt little changes each week and slowly submerge into a more healthy lifestyle. Now is the time to take action by leading by example with your simple daily actions.
1. Eat a whole food plant based diet. Eat more veggies, fruits, grains, nuts and less animal products.
2. Start riding a bike, walking and using public transportation. Stop driving.
3. Go local. Eat local, shop local, play local.
4. Reduce- Reuse- Recycle- In that order. Recycling comes last! Trash sucks, don’t make it!
5. Share! share your stuff and share others stuff.
6. Buy less stuff and purchase used stuff when you can.
7. Conserve water and electricity. Just be conscious of your usage. There are 100′s of ways to cut back.
8. Don’t use one time use anything’s (bags, take out containers, bottled water, straws, napkins etc.)
9. Simplify. The less you need the easier it is to be friendly to our earth.
10. Live beyond yourself. How do your actions affect other humans, animals, and the earth? Make your decisions based on the wellbeing of everyone and everything, not just you.
Please share this for a happier, healthier earth. Let’s do this together!
This article first appeared on Robgreenfield.tv