If you watch the news, chances are you feel the world is a dark and scary place. This is because the predominant focus of mainstream media is to share stories that create a perception of fear in its viewers, causing them to live from a mentality of ‘lack’.
Thinking that there is not enough, other people are inherently greedy, and that one needs to consume more in order to survive are all outdated belief systems. The world is only as limited as you perceive, and only as negative as you choose to believe.
The truth is that while there are negative happenings in this universe, there are just as many positives to balance them out. Recognizing that the universe is inherently perfect may help you make sense of what mainstream media shares, and also help you to form your own conclusions on where we are as a society and where the world is headed.
The following 35+ photos of human beings doing good may also help to re-inspire a sense of hope in humanity:
1. Every evening, this man takes his sick dog to a lake because the water helps his pain subside.
2. Workers from Memphis Cleaning Company dress up as superheroes to cheer up patients at a Children’s hospital in Le Bonheur.
3. Jacqueline Kiplimo helps a disabled runner runner finish a marathon in Taiwan, costing her a first place finish.
4. Every Sunday, this New York hair stylist gives free haircuts to the homeless.
5. Officer talks a man out of committing suicide. Eight years later (below), the now-father-of-two gives the offer an award at the American Foundation of Suicide.
6. When no classmates showed up for this autistic boy’s birthday party, his mom asked for help on Facebook. These amazing firefighters, offers, and local kids came.
7. Two Norwegian guys rescue a baby lamb drowning in the ocean.
8. A man saves a drowning kitten with an umbrella.
9. Norwegian guy plunges into a frozen lake to rescue a drowning duck.
10. A young girl sells her stuffed animals and donates the money to a local animal shelter.
11. Soldier rescuing a kitten in Korea.
12. 84-year-old grandmother in hospital was embarrassed to wear her nightgown, so her grandsom wore one as well.
13. Free drycleaning service for jobless people.
14. Christmas elves suprise the homeless with food and gifts.
15. While shoveling his driveway, an elderly man had a heart attack. Paramedics took him to the hospital, then returned to finish shoveling his driveway for him.
16. Wendy’s employee removes umbrella from table to protect elderly man from rain.
17. A community built swings for children in wheelchairs.
18. Firefighter administers oxygen to cat rescued from house fire.
19. Russian firefighter saving a cat.
20. This homeless man was seen reading the same book over and over, so a man gifted him a kindle.
21. A man gives his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro.
22. Dozens of Japanese train passengers pushed 32-ton train car away from platform to rescue a woman trapped in gap.
23. When this man’s wheelchair broke at Lowe’s Home Improvement Center, these employees decided to fix it for him.
24. Fans hold up a handicapped friend at Korn concert in Moscow.
25. An 82-year-old man burned his face while trying to save his dogs from a burning animal shelter.
26. A wall of donated clothes for homeless individuals to take.
27. A cyclist stops in Australia to give a dehydrated koala a much-needed drink.
28. Marine Myles Kerr finishes a race last to help a young boy who got separated from his group.
29. A man carries kittens in a basket to dry land.
30. Teenage boy rescues a stray dog from drowning in a frozen lake (Sofia, Bulgaria).
31. This girl draws rainbows and gives them away for free to uplift other peoples’ moods.
32. Publix employee ties elderly man’s shoes.
33. Man risks his own life to save a wallaby drowning in flood waters.
34. Krishnan was an award winning chef. He quit his job to serve the homeless and mentally handicapped.
35. “You are beautiful. Remember that.” Says a sign this man was holding in an intersection in Copenhagen.
36. Police officers stop traffic to allow turkeys to cross the road.
37. Socceroo’s Mark Bresciano helps a young mascot tie his shoe at the 2014 World Cup.
Do you like our independent & investigative news? Then please check these two settings on Facebook to guarantee you don't miss our posts: